Thread: Toggin’ it
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 07:09 AM   #41
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

A gallon of crabs went pretty quick yesterday.... only 2 fish saw the box, but the bite was non-stop when the tide swung right.
Guy on the side of me landed a 2' cod...nice to see.
Visited by the police last three times out,,, Although it's inconvenient, always good to see them actively doing their job, especially during the tog movement ...yesterday they only asked questions, wind/water moving too much to safely board anyone....he asked if I had any 'shorts' on board, and that if I did, he'd have to board me regardless of water-conditions (tongue-in-cheek, I'm sure)

Crab guy says he's done this week......good thing we have a backup plan -

Got a few hundred max in the box too... made quite a few families very happy. Kept a few of the larger ones to make my own Mack-salad. Could be healthier than tuna!

Although the hunters are fewer, the prey are still there. Much of the larger fish have started moving offshore although I still saw the charter guys up-n-close. Probably wrap up my season next week,... yesterday morning, secretly wished I was done...but the action keeps feeding the desire to return. Always a tough choice for me to make come this time of year... jealous of those who already pulled, winterized and covered, while they may think they're jealous of us still getting wet

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote