Thread: The Dead Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #37
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

waa waa, the original thread said love em or hate em lets hear it. Sorry, but I've spent a life time playing music, many different types. I have a pretty good ear, good music skills and an incredibly eclectic music collection. Believe it or not people payed good money to hear me and for me to teach them to play. Oops, do I sound pretentious? I guess I wouldnt to a dead fan, is there anything more pretentious than the dead? 20 minute meandering, say nothing solos. Garcia said he gives off art like people sweat! WTF, are you kidding me? the dead are a mediocre bar band, nothing more. lets see, the biggest hippie fest of all time? Woodstock. Biggest hippie band of all time? The greatful Dead. Which band bombed woodstock so bad they didnt even make the film? Enough said.
the etta james example is funny, while I was living in the bay area, Johnny Otis (you know who he is, right?) used to host a radio show live at a bar/restaurant. he often went off on tangents on music and politics. he was a great grouchy old man, I loved him. He went off on a 20 minute tirade on how awful the greatful dead are, how lousy garcia was as a guitarist, etc. Why do I bring this up? Johnny Otis is the guy who discovered Etta James. He is one of the leading pioneers of RnB. True story.
You like jam bands, give me the allmans, santana, Trucks band, MMW, etc. Music with soul and talent.
These chumps are hacks, Id be embarrased to play like this!

Last edited by RIJIMMY; 01-08-2013 at 09:42 AM..

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote