Thread: The Dead Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #56
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Jimmy not enough said on Woodstock as it is well known that when the Dead played Woodstock, their guitars were sending electric shocks into Weir and Garcia so bad they could hardly touch their instruments, their sound system went out for long periods and yes because of equipment issues their performance was a disaster.

Just so I get this straight - when weir plugged into his amp and totally sperately when garcia plugged into his amp, they were both shocked? two entirely separate amps? So there were plugged into the same outlets? Huh? Maybe they are so cosmically connected they shared the electric vibe...man?
And they had issues with their sound system? Funny I thought the sound system was provided by the venue. They had their own? Weird. I guess the dead were uh, special, not like santana, sly and the family stone, hendrix, country joe........
As a matter of fact if the electrical system was improperly grounded any electrical device on stage would send a shock to any individual touching anything metal particularly during a heavy rain due to a person covered in water standing in water would be a better path to ground than what was obviously available the GFCI outlet had not been invented at that point. It is fairly well documented that they had a difficult time keeping the stage upright during their set.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I am the man in the Bassless Chaps
Jackbass is offline   Reply With Quote