View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 01:03 PM   #46
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you are assuming that religeon dictates who people vote for and that's quite a leap.....
What Leap??? This is exactly what was posted in the 1st post of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT. DAN 2 View Post
Why a Christian Can Not Vote for Obama

The below was written by Huntley Brown and I agree with many parts (but not all) of his point of view.......and yes Spence I am affected by some subjects I read especially in the religious realm..

Huntley Brown is a fabulous concert pianist, man of God and is a black man.

Why I Can't Vote For Obama

By Huntley Brown

Dear Friends,

First I must say whoever wins the election will have my prayer support. Obama needs to be commended for his accomplishments but I need to explain why I will not be voting for him.

Many of my friends process their identity through their blackness.

I process my identity through Christ. Being a Christian (a Christ follower) means He leads I follow. I can't dictate the terms He does because He is the leader.

I can't vote black because I am black, I have to vote Christian because that's who I am. Christian first, black second. Neither should anyone from the other ethnic groups vote because of ethnicity. 200 years from now I won't be asked if I was black or white. I will be asked if I knew Jesus and accepted Him as Lord and Savior.
I'm pretty sure the whole basis of this post...and Thread is about basing your decision on your religious beliefs.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 10-23-2008 at 01:13 PM..

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."