View Single Post
Old 08-23-2022, 09:42 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim there’s a name for what you do

hypocrisy discourse.

Conservatives who reject climate change action tend to use two “modes” of hypocrisy discourse. The first is an “individual lifestyle outrage” mode that cultivates outrage about the hypocritical behavior and lifestyle choices of climate activists to undermine the urgency and moral need for climate change action. The second, an “institutional cynicism” mode, encourages a cynical fatalism about any proposed governmental action regarding climate change by suggesting that governments are necessarily climate hypocrites because of the economic and political impossibility of serious emissions reductions. In contrast,
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i don’t reject climate change action. i spend more time on the water and deep in the woods than most, i want healthy and clean ecosystems and have a deep love of wild animals.

What i don’t want, is a lecture from anyone who voluntarily chooses to live in such wealth and extravagance that he has the carbon footprint of a small country.

Lead by example, or shut the hell up. The only thing Al Gore has unplugged in the last 25 years is his treadmill. I’m not interested in what he has to say. But you suck it up like a Hoover deluxe because he has a (D) after his name..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 08-23-2022 at 09:48 AM..