View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #14
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
there is no evidence, none whatsoever, that the Tea Party supports the use of violence towards those with whom they disagree.
Have you been to a Tea Party event? I attended one last year (kind of by accident initially) because I agree with a lot of the principles that the Tea Party was initially founded on. However, the hours I spent there and many of the people I met provided a direct contradiction to your above statement. There was a ton of hate spewed, not by those on the stage, but by many people in the crowd.

The public perception of political groups (well, just about all groups) are defined by the loudest and most extreme in their ranks.
  • Democrats are defined by far-left social liberals
  • Republicans are defined by far-right religious conservatives
  • Pro-choice means you want to slaughter babies
  • Pro-life means you'll blow up Planned Parenthood locations
  • Being a fisherman means you'll kill anything and everything that comes by
  • Being vegetarian means you hug trees
  • Don't like Unions? You must hate the little guy
  • Part of a Union? "Is it time for you to take a break yet?"
The same has happened to the Tea Party. The group that initially stood for decreased government and fiscal responsibility are now defined by these people:

because they are the loudest and most extreme of the bunch.

You are probably the most guilty one here for assumptions and then extreme accusations. For instance:
Quote:
So Johnny, if you think my question about Pelosi had no merit, can I assume that you do not think she was lying when she said that defecit reduction has been the mantra of Democrats? You think that was a truthful statement?
We all know what happens when you assume... and for the record, Pelosi is high up there on my "Politicians You're Most Disgusted By" list.

Quote:
Hey Johnny D...if you're going to trash me, is it too much to ask that you trash me for things I actually said?
You should take your own advice. Especially since, putting words in someone else's mouth (or twisting them until they are far removed from the original meaning) and then providing two paragraphs on how your fabrications of what they said is wrong, doesn't count as "trashing me for things I actually said".

Since you don't remember relating Indiana Medicaid denying a baby a transplant and using that to defend Palin:
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...th-panels.html