View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 12:57 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
"For the first time since President Trump was elected, more voters say that the national economy is getting worse than getting better, with 37 percent saying it is getting worse, 31 percent saying it is getting better, and 30 percent saying it is staying the same."

play on words as it discounts the 30 percent who think it is staying the same which is not worse. Therefore 61 is somehow less than 37.

They didn't ask me and I am a voter.
Actually what you just said is a play on words.
37 worse is more than 31 better, the no change doesn't count.
If you word it as more people think the economy is the same or improving than getting worse, you would be spinning it in that direction and the converse (worse or the same) is also true.

The significant part is not the numbers, but the change in how people feel. That is in the next sentence:This compares to a June 11, 2019 poll in which 23 percent of voters said that the national economy is getting worse, 39 percent said it is getting better, and 37 percent said it is staying the same.

It's a poll, not an election, but if this trend continues it doesn't bode well for Trump.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin