View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 07:38 AM   #76
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

ScottW, I don't even know where to begin....I'm dumbfounded as to where you got to there From what I posted here.

My value system is pretty well defined as far as I'm concerned.

Family 1st.....

Racism and Bigotry....I have no time for it, I try to instill in my kids not to judge a person by anything other than the quality of the person. (Don't really want to use the word judge here, but it early and my brain isn't working)

If someone needs my help.....I'll help them. "needs" being the key word and I try and instill this in my kids too as we do service projects for the community.

Abortion....Both me and my wife would never even consider it.

Gay Marriage....Both me and my wife would never even consider it (Although maybe he'd know enough to shut up during the game on Sunday...)

My Value system is also MY VALUE SYSTEM....not anybody elses.

and did you read my post here before you went on your tirade? I'm pretty sure that I said there's no problem voting with your religious beliefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Nothing wrong with following your religious beliefs when you vote, if thats what you want to do then thats your perogative....Its when those who are elected use their religious beliefs to dictate policy...Thats the issue that is scary

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."