Thread: Human caravan
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 12:43 PM   #101
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
We've discussed this 20 times - the conserv. give $ to their church (like I do w/about 50% of my yearly donations). Take that out and factor in the amount of poor who vote D, then it is prob different.

Any your's and my donations can't make up for what the govern. does.

Fact is that the conserv. policies always try to cut back on spending to the poor. Shows their lack of empathy.

Both Tillerson and G. Cohen said that Trump has no empathy (and pity) and Trump pretty much owns the R party now.

And you always complain that the Ds. ripped Romney apart. They did - bc he said he didn't have to worry about 47% of the country (shows his lack of empathy although I don't want to put him in the category as Trump). If Obama said he didn't care about almost 50% of the country you would have posted that 500 times.
" Take that out and factor in the amount of poor who vote D, then it is prob different."

Why take out church donations, much of which goes to help the poor? Can't imagine why you'd suggest to ignore that..

"They did - bc he said he didn't have to worry about 47% of the country "

He absolutely deserved criticism for that. I have no problem with fair criticism, as long as you also give credit where credit is due. There are many, many examples of Romney's empathy and generosity. The media also called him a sexist because he had women's resumes in a binder. That was asinine. But that is what CNN did, and it was a joke.