Thread: Comey
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 07:22 AM   #52
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
and Bill Clinton, we were told, could be a complete dirt bag/reprobate in his personal/private life(and occasionally in the oval office)...yet simultaneously be a fabulous president...the two were in no way related...Obama could have all kinds of dubious acquaintances and predilections which.... actually made him more qualified for the office as they showed his "open mindedness". Kerry and Gore had HRC had flaws that we were told were either irrelevant or in some perverted way qualifiers for the office they sought

I've not enjoyed the mainstream news, NPR and on as much as I do currently....non-stop mindless cackling by self-important preeners who are offended by the fact that no one seems to be listening to them.....when you speak day in and day out using the same catch phrases filled with indignation bordering on lunacy complaining about things you've overlooked or condoned and defended not so many years ago, you tend to undermine you own credibility regardless of the seriousness of your message....

for Trumps supporters, every "attack" hardens their resolution...for the folks that find themselves on the same side of the aisle grudgingly affiliated it's just more shoulder shrugging...."Trump might be bad but you people are insane"

it's early...the fun is only beginning

I don't believe Trump has ever asked for a "gratuitous stroke"..though Bill Clinton no doubt regularly requested them... and Obama was tongue bathed in them like no other president in our history....
I liked some of the Schaedenfreude but I can't take 4 years of it (there won't be 8, Trump does not have the stamina).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Or fire a special prosecuter that is investigating you.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Since there is no crime to "investigate," firing Mueller would be a nothing-burger. But it would be great political theater. The entertainment should last for months. Hope he does it.
We don't know there is no crime. We have reason to believe DJT is not the focus of the investigation - at least until he stepped on his crank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I thought that Flynn likely broke the law by failing to register as a agent of a foreign country as he didn't disclose the payments he received.
And possibly other things as well. I would hope it would be fair and fast for the sake of our county but I now expect it might be painful and long. IN the end, hard to say who will have done worse by out Country; Obama, Obama to Trump, or the mythical Obama to Hillary

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: