View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 10:17 AM   #100
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
As i said before and now I'm wondering if you are doing anything about it other than making sure nobody got anything wrong on the internet?
If the taxes in your state are too high or you feel something is wrong there you can get involved in politics, move or whine about it.
There is one thing you can't do and I understand you can't move.
But you can be involved in our democracy and things might slowly change.
No promises that it will change the way you want but you will have done what you could.
Vermont is close to being in the same place, hopefully more because of a greying population. And so far 2 of my 5 children have moved out of state, not to Connecticut.

I would think all that wealth would trickle down, your answer on recent tax cuts was what's good for the wealthy helps those with lower incomes.
This will be my last post, I'll give you the last word on it.

I am fully aware of my options. I didn't post about CT taxes to ask for help dealing with them. I posted about CT taxes, as a response to the notion that liberalism has never hurt anybody.

I am involved in state and local politics, trying to effect change. The state of CT is slowly but surely, taking a turn to the right, as more people are realizing (despite what Spence believes) what a disaster 40 years of liberalism has been., The state senate is tied at 18 republicans, 18 democrats. The democrats lead in the house was 77 seats 4 years ago, now, it's 7 seats.

And if you and Spence feel that liberalism has never hurt anyone, think of my position. I could move to NH and have almost $1,000 a month more to spend on my kids,. Over the next 4 decades of my life, that is a small fortune. I could do a ton more for my children if I moved. Unfortunately, I am also burdened by the fact that my elderly parents, who will never move, depend on me (more accurately, they depend on my wife, who is home during the day) to help them with daily tasks.

So, thanks to being (1) a person who cares about others and (2) who lives in a radically liberal state, I am in the awesome position of having to choose between my responsibility to my kids, and my responsibility to my parents. No matter what I do, thanks to liberals, I screw people I love. It's a swell position to be in, let me tell you. So when Spence says liberalism has never caused anyone to suffer, well, I beg to differ.

The thread is now all yours.