View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 08:14 AM   #1
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Eric Clapton's Autobiography

Just got finished reading it this weekend - it was pretty amazing and more amazing still is that he's still alive given his addiction to smack and alcohol and a couple of failed suicide attempts...

I've always been a big Clapton fan but having read his autobiography will put his music in a different perspective for me - I've got the day off so I'll be listening to the whole discography today.

The story about the terrible loss of his son Conor will bring tears to your eyes - and the story of how he finally conquered his addictions is inspiring.

EC - I recently learned - is a devoted fisherman and hunter and talks about the Zen quality of fishing.

It gives you a real perspective into how he's developed as an artist and finally as a man who has finally found peace in his life with his wife and four daughters.

Really interesting stuff - the list of musicians he's worked with is incredible - I'd recommend it if you're into music and looking for a good read.

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote