View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 11:15 AM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Pete, I give obama credit all
the time
for helping the economy, so if you think that was a gotcha moment, think again.

with manufacturing and gdp growth, trump has done, what obama specifically said, could
not be done.

i give obama high marks for
handling the economy. i’m consistent and fair. are you as fair? can you give trump high marks for handling the economy?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So far by manipulation of the tax code and blindly killing regulation Trump has achieved some small gains in the existing markets, that have largely benefited wealthy Americans. He has increased the national debt and because his projected growth likely doesn't occur will make it substantially worse than projected currently.

Our infrastructure is currently falling further and further behind our competitors and all Trump has done is have a couple of Infrastructure weeks and invented a plan where infrastructure would be farmed out to for profit firms. Just another transfer of wealth from most americans to those who own stocks, largely the most wealthy people in the US. Infrastructure is a worthwhile investment for Americans as a group and we have done it in the past. Thank Eisenhower for that.

His disruption of global trade and historic alliances will have an impact that will play out for many years. I don't think it will be positive.

His dilettante treatment of foreign policy is scary, it is a long term commitment that has been carried out over many years and now is questioned by our allies, much to our adversaries glee. Just taking a meeting is not diplomacy. Don't get me started on Ivanka, Jared and take your kid to work day.

As I've said before Trump already gives himself far more credit than he deserves.

When he acknowledges that, I'll gladly give him the little credit he is due.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin