Thread: NC bathroom law
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 02:59 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
More manufactured Outrage who cares who is in the stall next to you.. so Men are you Afraid of a Female transgender person who looks like a guy using the stall or do we think their going to whip their a shewee at the urinal?? or is just about men dressed as women in a women's rest room... some college's have uni sex bathrooms

According to a study by the University of Massachusetts, there are over 150 college campuses across the US that are creating gender-neutral restrooms.

Not so long ago we also had white and Black bathrooms you can change with the times or be stuck in the past the choice is an individual one .. and neither one bothers me one bit
I am not afraid for my safety. But just because I am unafraid, even if I am comfortable with something, doesn't mean that I can force that comfort on everyone else.

I don't want anyone with the male anatomy in the bathroom with my wife. If I had daughters, I would feel much stronger.

"Not so long ago we also had white and Black bathrooms "

The Obama administration keeps using the comparison to Jim Crow laws, and it's absurd. Gender anatomy isn't the same as skin color, not even close, and it's not a coincidence that we didn't argue about this for 230 years until this particular jerk got elected POTUS. And comparing this to actual, brutal discrimination, is very dismissive to those who experienced it.

Allowing people of different races (same gender) to use the same bathroom, does not invite perversion or voyeurism.

If you had a 9 year-old daughter, you wouldn't care if I put on a wig and followed her into the girls' room? I can't fathom that, I just can't. And I don't think that makes me Archie Bunker for feeling that way.

And regardless of how either of us feels, the Civil Rights Act makes it very clear when the feds can step in to address perceived discrimination. As that law is written, how one chooses to present oneself, isn't on that list. Which means, it's a state issue. End of story. Unless you have a POTUS who thinks he gets to ignore the Constitution when it suits him.