View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I think it would be naive to assume that the people we now have in charge will not restrict gun rights as much as they can. They do not believe in the Right to Bear Arms.
Yea, read this incredibly radical statement by our current President...

Quote:
Because I think we have two conflicting traditions in this country. I think it's important for us to recognize that we've got a tradition of handgun ownership and gun ownership generally. And a lot of law-abiding citizens use it for hunting, for sportsmanship, and for protecting their families. We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage. And so I think there is nothing wrong with a community saying we are going to take those illegal handguns off the streets. And cracking down on the various loopholes that exist in terms of background checks for children, the mentally ill. We can have reasonable, thoughtful gun control measure that I think respect the Second Amendment and people's traditions.
If this doesn't tell you the police state is upon us you must really have your head in the sand.

At least all these gun shoppers are helping to rebuild our economy.

-spence