View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 02:52 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

I was being facetious with the nest comment, it's actually a conservative nest.
I've called Bernie "Limbaugh of the Left" for years because of his simplistic, populist viewpoint. It's easy for a politician to put forward a simple, elegant and incorrect solution for a problem, real solutions are hard.
Now what I would say about Bernie is that my brothers father in law was a lifelong Republican, Bank President and a pretty conservative fellow. He had issues with the VA and called Vermont's Republican and Democratic Senator with no result, a call to Bernie who was in the House at the time got a call back and results. He did his job and got that mans vote. Now that does not mean that he agreed with his views but at least Bernie knows who he works for.
We need politicians who are willing to work hard, build teams to accomplish things and acknowledge that getting some of what you want is OK.
People who are involved in local politics learn that not everybody agrees with them completely, but we all have common ground and common goals. Once they get out of town they forget that, or in some cases it may be that they never worked in local politics.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin