View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
They went to the World Series as well to promote this initiave....My guess is you will probably see them at the Superbowl too.

of all the real issues people can have with the current administration (i.e. Economy, Healthcare, Spending, etc.) to boo the 1st and 2nd ladies for standing up there to promote helping returning verterans and there families, while they are standing there w/ a wounded vet and his family, is pretty friggin lame IMHO.
Watch the video. The wounded vet got huge applause. The boos were reserved for Michelle, and they were richly deserved, in my opinion.

I'm a vet, and I would happily welcome any chance to boo, hiss, or otherwise heckle the first lady, and I'd sleep like a baby that night. She is utterly reprehensible. Her comment during the 2008 campaign, that Barack's nomination was "the first time in my adult life that I was proud of my country", tells you everything you need to know about her and her values. That comment is indefensible.

Personally, I'm hoping that in January 2013, she goes right back to not being proud of this country.

Laura Bush was 1st Lady for 8 years, I don't remember her getting boos in huge numbers, anywhere.