Thread: Society
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 01:26 PM   #14
FishermanTim

When you take it all into consideration, the horrors of war should be a "wake-up" call for all to heed, so that we can learn from history.
It also seems like we, as a society, have become "numb" to the horrors of everyday life and not war.
Then when you consider that the FCC will allow untold acts of violence to be broadcast whenever a show airs, yet will censor most language and almost all nudity, you have to wonder what we are protecting our children from?
How old were you before you saw a show/movie that depicted an actual murder/killing? You know, shootings, stabbing, throat slitting, decapitations, disembowelments...etc? Now we have video games that ENCOURAGE these acts, and we have the gall to ask "Why did those kids kill their classmates / neighbors / family?"

I think that if the FCC would allow public executions of criminals, since they have no trouble with killing on TV, they may finally have a positive effect on the youth of America.
Once video games started heading down the "role-playing" path, I lost ALL interest in them because they were substituting real life for a fantasy which a lot of people get totally lost in.

That being said, give me a good old fashioned mystery, or adventure film any day of the week.