View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
FishermanTim

The jet-ski is as popular as a cold sore in my view.
The clowns that operate them don't see anything wrong with doing a "fly-by" and swamping or flipping other watercraft, as long as they can still look amazing being a-holes. (My own past experience)

Now I know that as long as they are sanctioned and allowed in a given body of water, I have to live with them. What I don't want to or have to live with is the idiots and their complete lack of courtesy and common sense.

Why do most jet-skiers feel that EVERYONE on the water MUST know that they're there by flying 'round and 'round on a perpetual strafing run? (still my own experience)
From a kayaking stand point I have a dislike of some watercraft. Not all, because I understand that everyone should be able to get out on the water. What I dislike is that some, once again, feel like they have to let EVERYONE know that they have a boat/jetski and that THEY have the right of way no matter where they are, and that you are ALWAYS in their way.

Bottom line is that I agree that jetskis suck, but more to the point....that jetski operators suck WHEN they fail to use common sense and common courtesy while operating. (My own opinion)

I guess I'll be looking for waters with "no motorcraft" restrictions for a quieter kayak experience?......Nah, I can't be that harsh. I'll just learn to live with the occaisional jetski clown and hope they don't run into or over someone (as happens every season)?
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote