View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
It came up in the other thread too ( the racism thing). THis is the first year since I have lived in CT (9 years) that there isn't a republican gov. I don't know about the road, haven't heard enough about it. I am guessing the intent has nothing to do with giving crack heads a way to get to Hartford. Also, I LOVE that scott w chimed in to show why he thinks Obama wasn't born in the US.
"THis is the first year since I have lived in CT (9 years) that there isn't a republican gov"

Sigh. We don't live in a dictatorship, we live in a democracy with seperation of powers. In that democracy, the legislature is clearly the most influential branch, by far. In addition, I never said there were no "Republicans", I said that liberalism has gone un-checked. And I stand by that. Because while some of our governors had an "R" afetr their name, they were nowhere near being conservative.

How bout this Zimmy...can you name one tradiitonal conservative policy that a Republican governor has implemented here in CT? We have astronomical taxes, astronomical debt, publoic unions that get whatever they ask for, we have gay marriage, sanctuary cities, almost no limits on abortion, our entire federal congressional group is liberal...

You seem like someone who makes their mind up first, then spouts off the limited facts that support their conclusion, and ignores all other facts. "Reason" works better when you consider all the facts evenly,then form your conclusion.

If you don't know about thyat busway, look it up, then tell me it's not a stupid idea...