View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #77
Brian L

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Saw Vai at lupos a few years ago.
good talent, but it is not a concert or album I'd listen to over and over.

They had some kind of guitar center promo w/ a local player on stage... he kind of treated her like a jerk and tried to upstage her... came across as an ass, I thought...

I was at that show too. The chick is still all over the music scene. A friend of mine produced one of her last EP's. Band is called Starr Faithful, I believe. Steve had a contest in every city on that tour where you sent in a demo to a local station and he picked a player to join him on stage for a tune. I met him at Daddy's in Warwick the morning of that show. He signed my Ibanez RG560 on the headstock and chatted for a while with us about his rig, tone, etc.. Very cool guy and wayyy out there! I don't recall thinking he was trying to upstage the gal on stage. I remember him saying "seriously, she was the best of everyone, not just because she's a chick!" Then said, "Speaking of chicks, how come no chicks ever come to my shows?". :^) I loved how he opened that show with the wacky glasses that had the spotlights on them and the tricked out axe with all the lights on it.

Very selective audience for SV. Mostly a roomful of players at his shows every time I've seen him.
Brian L is offline   Reply With Quote