Thread: New Stuff
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #19
angler229

Thanks for all the compliments guys I'm glad everybody liked them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back Beach View Post
Wow, awesome Dan...

I just can't believe you gave up eel fishing that easily...Redlite's gonna be lonely this summer without us...
Who said anything about giving up eel fishing. I can guarantee some time in June I'll get frustrated enough with plugs to go back to my beloved eels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back Beach View Post
Did you base the juniors off the BM junior setup?
I did mine almost exact, I think...there is a .250 belly weight just behind the front hook hanger and a .250 tail weight based on the BM I dissected. The plug sits perfectly flat in the water.
Honestly, what I did was start with a rough dimensions of a body and weighting and through trial and a whole bunch of error I ended up getting back to something set up pretty close to a BM. I think mine has 10 grams in the belly and 8 or 10 grams in the tail. I'm probably still going to try different weights in these locations just to make sure but I'm very happy with where I'm at now. I'll also add, I feel like when I just copy an original I'm not learning how a plug really works and therefore my end results aren't the best, so I've been doing a lot more experimenting lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbadad View Post
I did a few cowboys and weighted them like the usual, middle w. 18 grams. swam shallow. Tried the Bm version same, same. worked on repositioning the weights on another one and now I have a real diver. I put 3 weights in the belly. 6 grams each. 1 forward of the front hook and 2 mid ship. Do a search if you like, there's a picture of it from last year. I tried to upload the picture but it was already uloaded on a trhead and I don't know how to get the picture to reappear. Sorry.
The weighting on mine is set up like the original with about 20 grams in the belly, and they get as deep as I need them too. I feel like if I need a deeper running plug a Musso Maple or a Conrad might be the better option.
angler229 is offline   Reply With Quote