Thread: Greetings all
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
Maineeac

Greetings all

Greetings all from Casco Bay region in Portland, Maine. Though I am not new to fishing, I am far from being even close to an expert and always interested in learning more. I grew up as a kid fishing for mackerel of piers and occasionally boats. I don't remember anyone actually showing me how to do it. I just grew up around it so it became a fun thing to do with friends and relatives. As I got older, I kinda "did not have the time" to fish, even though I never really lost interest in it...my interest was just kinda buried underneath too many other things. Over the last couple years, I have become very interested to the point where it has almost become an obsession. My wife thinks I am nuts! I now have a 2 year old who has his first pole. He has yet to actually get interested in fishing but LOVES seeing pictures of fish so its just a matter of time for that. I look forward to learning from some of you and possibly sharing with others.

A few facts about me.....
I think all kind of fishing is great and don't believe in any style being "better" than others.
I do most of my fishing from shore, jetty, or piers. I don't have a boat (yet).
At some point, hopefully this winter, I am hoping to build my first rod. The first one I build will belong to my wife.

Anyways, thanks for reading my long-winded post.
So who here is from Maine anyways???
Maineeac is offline   Reply With Quote