View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #16
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I try to embrace all kinds of music and I too think speed is way over rated in most things in life. I can get as much satisfaction from sitting down and listening to someone like Tony Rice or Doc Watson compared to Larry Carlton or Joe Satriani or a piano player or a triangle player. I am a big believer that you can take something from the past and make it better too. Improve on something or someones style. Not everything is better but there are times. Pretty hard to single out anyone person over another. But it is fun listening to everyones opinions. I'm not an expert on any type of music but I do know what I like. I could never like just one type of music or just one type of musician. I like em all, well 99% of em. I gave up on my wife a longtime ago. She likes her crappy stuff and I like my far superior stuff and now I am dealing with an 8 year old daughter that loves music and has a nice voice and takes piano lessons for 3 years. The god awful stuff she listens to makes me cringe but I am working on her constantly.The first song I made her learn at 4 years old was summertime so there may be hope. Wish Hanna Montana would fade away though.

Last edited by ProfessorM; 12-04-2008 at 01:31 PM..

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote