View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 07:06 PM   #89
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
No ... just shorter than yours thats all
when you subtract the quotes and opinions of other sources in mine, it is not longer than your first post to which I was responding. I didn't consider your first post to be a rant because it wasn't an extravagant or unreasonable declamation.

I responded in a similar rational, reasonable manner backed by quotes and interpretations of Islamic scholars. I pointed out that "the quote you cite, taken out of quranic context, and outside of Islamic law, is very misleading. Actually, the interpretation given by your source to the Quran 4:60 is the opposite of how Islamic scholars interpret the verse."

Given as that your quote from the Quran was a key element to your post, I thought that my response reasonably refuted the basis of your argument. I believe my post made that point well. And it is part of a much larger point that we uncritically accept laudatory statements about Islam or false interpretations of the Quran by those who want us to believe Islam is something that it isn't. Or who may actually want to believe what they tell us. Or who may intentionally be trying to deceive us.

Now you respond in this post by admitting that your previous one was indeed a rant and did not, actually, have a point. Well done.

BTW, in another thread I asked you if it would be OK if we imposed the same requirements on voting as we do on gun ownership. Would you be good with that?