View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 10:58 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I know GDP Growth is Good for the economy

1) but is it sustainable ? and down side

2) how does it help people like us on this site (outside investments we may or may not have ) Seeing wages are stale interest rates are up and deficits are all time High and the threat of inflation always around the corner

4) what is Tax Revenue % is in the 4.1 GDP

I prefer the The Tortoise and the Hare: or something in the middle when it comes to the economy
"1) but is it sustainable ? and down side "

I don't know I fit's sustainable, it doesn't usually increase at 4% for long.

What's the downside? Can you tell me? Is there any benefit to less growth in GDP?

") how does it help people like us on this site (outside investments we may or may not have )"

Most of us have money in the stock market in some form (401k, IRA, pension). When the economy grows, the feds get more tax revenue than when the economy shrinks, which means more money to fund SS and Medicare. I can't see how most people don't benefit in some way.

"Seeing wages are stale "
If wages are stale, jobs ar eat least more secure than when the economy is doing poorly. Isn't that stability, or confidence, worth something?

"rates are up"

Interest rates had nowhere to go but up.

"deficits are all time High "

Ummm. is that true? Deficits are higher than Obama's deficits? The debt is at an all time high, I don't know about deficits...

You went on and on and on about the potential pitfalls. You're desperate for reasons to show that the economy isn't as healthy as some claim it is. Rooting for failure, I guess.

Don't worry, be patient, the recession is coming, and you can blame Trump.