View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 02:42 PM   #14
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
OK, you compare it to snorting coke, you think it's a short term pump and dump.

But why? Why do you think it's something that won't last? What is he doing, exactly, that's going to fizzle out, and then disappear, only to leave us with
I know that you want that to happen so that he looks bad, I get that. But why do you think that's going to happen?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I am not sure why you think you know what I want. I am hardly liberal. I am moderate. I loved Reagan as a kid. I was terrified when Bush 1 lost reelection. Clinton was scum, but his policies were moderate and generally on point and I grew to be ok with all the non scum bag stuff. Bush 2 was an idiot and took us to war over oil against his father's advice and he had morons in Rumsfeld and Cheney who pushed his buttons and the reasons for war during lead up to it changed every time they turned out to be bogus. Yes I think Trump's policies are stupid. He lies to people in coal country about the cause of their job losses, he mortgaged the future and hardly changed the path of the middle class when the economy was already strong. History shows such policy leads to short term burst in the economy, but then fizzles and stalls with inflation. Add in his tariffs and unless you are a partisan fool or a person trying to buy votes can see they are totally policies and a few months of numbers aren't enough to measure the net effects. If the country ends up worse off as a result, that is bad. If Hillary elected similar policies, I would be saying I think it is stupid and regardless too soon to think my camper was covered, especially in a state like CT and especially before a full year under the tax policies.

Last edited by zimmy; 07-27-2018 at 02:56 PM..

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.