View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 04:54 PM   #21
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"It took about 2 years after Reagan's second tax cut on the wealthy until start of a recession and about 2 1/2 for Bush 2."

And you provided exactly zero evidence that the tax cuts caused the recession. Maybe they helped delay the recession, maybe it made the recession less bad. I don't know. Neither do you. Obama also cut taxes, maybe those will be the cause of the next recession?

"Also, you asked why, I gave you investor concerns"

An article written by someone that neither of us has ever heard of.

I've never actually heard, until now, that high GDP growth was bad. If your pay or net worth increases, that's a bad sign?
What I see, are people who are so desperate to make this guy look bad, that if he says "two and two are four", you'd disagree.
You see what you want to see. I am starting to waste time with you again so forgive when I stop responding. Obama also cut payroll taxes and slightly raised the top marginal income tax rates. Clinton raised it too. In both cases they were followed by steady long term economic growth. I specifically referred to top rates. KO3blpb gets a wait and see at best from me based on the reality of how this worked in the past, not a reach around like you want to give him.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.