View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #128
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Let me try it again. The administration's talking points gives us two options:

"To underscore that these protests are rooted in an internet video, and not a broader failure of policy."

Since the Benghazi attack was not rooted in the video, it was, using the administrations own talking point, rooted in "a broad failure of policy."
One item I do think has to be given to the Administration is that the talking points were in context of the broader situation which included Benghazi. This can be inferred by reading it.

By the time Rice when on TV there were some 1/2 dozen violent protests at American missions all related to the video. We still don't know if the Benghazi attack was completely independent of the video either. Certainly it wasn't completely about the video but it's still quite possible the timing of the attack was inspired by the violence in Cairo or perhaps taken as an opportunity...as was reported at the time.

I'd be willing to wager Benghazi has had more government investigative focus than even 9/11. Think about that for a while, it really puts everything in perspective.

-spence