Thread: Human caravan
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 12:50 PM   #103
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
" Take that out and factor in the amount of poor who vote D, then it is prob different."

Why take out church donations, much of which goes to help the poor? Can't imagine why you'd suggest to ignore that.. Bc it is a little self serving. If I give $ for my church most people won't be able to benefit like I would. I can now sit in a nice new beautiful church and enjoy all the things my donation made possible (the coffee hour after church, the language classes, the sports programs, the bible study, etc).

"They did - bc he said he didn't have to worry about 47% of the country "

He absolutely deserved criticism for that. I have no problem with fair criticism, as long as you also give credit where credit is due. There are many, many examples of Romney's empathy and generosity. The media also called him a sexist because he had women's resumes in a binder. That was asinine. But that is what CNN did, and it was a joke.
I am sure he is far far more generous than Pres. Trump - esp. being a Morman. But isn't that what people do during elections - find something and blow it up to make someone look bad?