Thread: Obama
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 07:39 AM   #54
scottw

it's not how you should treat a guest visiting in good will you but this is hardly surprising from the least presidential president in our nation's history .... I'm not a big fan of this Pope but I wonder if all of the people who clamor that Obama be respected because of his high office despite his own lack of respect for the office and lack of respect that he's shows those with whom he disagrees, would also feel that Obama owes the Pope a bit of respect regarding his high office, they seem rather, to be reveling in the Obama putting the Pope in a position that he might prefer to not be put in?...just another in a long line of cheap shots from an artist

I thought this brilliant, from the thoughts of another Pope who was addressing contraception but the thought widely applies...

He held that they were two sides of the same coin(sexual revolution’s crowning achievement — the separation of sexual expression from the generation of life)— that the crisis of modernity was about the degradation of the human person. Whenever a person is reduced to an object to use — whether by a boss, a nation, a boyfriend, or a spouse — the unique dignity of that person is being eroded, even if it’s with his or her own consent. This doesn’t make much sense to moderns, who believe that consent is the only criterion of decision-making. But even desirable ends don’t justify dubious means to get there, says the Church.

we certainly live in an ends justifies the means culture

Last edited by scottw; 09-20-2015 at 07:53 AM..