View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
bassackward

Done Lurking, Time for First Post

Hey Gang, my name is john and have been checking out sight for awhile. Will be attending MSBA and RISSA shows coming up and hope to meet some of the famous posters. I met Bigfish Larry at PI fundraiser with my 4 year old daughter last Saturday. Love his stuff. I plan on joining the PI club to get my 4 and 6 year olds into the junior program.

I shore fish mostly but have been working on Kayak fishing as well and would love to meet up with some old salts some time to learn the basics. I live in Billerica, but travel to Cape (Canal and location near), Plum Island, Cape Ann, other North shore areas and Narragansett, RI on occasion. Also spend two weeks in July on MV (Chappy). It can be slow for stripers then, even at night. Plenty of blues in the daytime though.

I am thinking of purchasing a good plugging/eel rod and reel (Spinning) for beach. I like the 10 foot St. Croix Avid (1-4 oz) and the Cabo 40 or 60 (not sure if the 60 is needed). I throw bombers eels and would like to be able to through some 2-3 ounce woods. What do you think? Will there be any deals at these shows? Those new Super Surf Lami's are nice but quite expensive (Kay at Surfland has some to check out if you are interested).
bassackward is offline   Reply With Quote