View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 09:50 AM   #13
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch
I can only speak for myself, not for the right. I didn't detect anything nefarious or war-like in his use of the word "enemies."

So, do you care to spell out what he was actually saying other than political opponents. And where he said that Americans, specifically, are his enemies

[QUOTE=wdmso;1114568]Now you want specifics? maybe you need to read his Tweet he sent out to the public in a forum where 1 can not ask questions of trump who he was referring to as enemies ?which is the way he wants it ...
then re read the republicans response to Obama's use of enemies this time with objectivity then you'll see my concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
And people were saying Obama was acting like a Dictator . and Some think Trump Isn't?
I spoke for myself, not for Republicans, or "the right," or "some people." I asked you to speak for yourself. Is that too difficult? You are, after all, the one who brought up the subject.

Speaking for myself, as far as what I think Obama meant when he referred to his enemies and punishing them, in my opinion he was referring to the battle of ideas he was waging with whom he considered traditional American Conservatives. The political fight with whom he considered bigots and clingers to outdated and unfair values, including the Constitution.

I think differently about traditional American conservative values. And, especially, I think differently about the Constitution and the system of government that it creates. I think that our constitutional system of government protects individual freedom.

I think that Obama's version of government suppresses individual freedom. That government, in my opinion of his view, decides what rights are and who can have them.

I think that his vision of government is dictatorial.

I am not sure what Trump's vision of government is. He seems to have some dictatorial notions. My only concern in this election was nominees for the Supreme Court. I considered that the Republican candidate would be better for that choice rather than any Democrat candidate.

That is my briefest statement on the subject. I have briefly stated my personal opinion of what I thought Trump meant by "enemies." And I have done the same re Obama's use of the word.

Are you able to do that?