View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 01:15 PM   #1
FishermanTim

Cambridge loonies at it again!!

Now it's a zoning board meeting about honey bees at a synogogue.

Seems the Rabbi has a couple of bee hives on the roof of the building, and the neighbors are compleining about the bees.

When I heard the story, which has been in the news 2 days now, I had to stifle a laugh, because discovering the truth is a moot point now because the bees are in hibernation mode and they cannot see first hand what the bees are doing on any given day. They will need to wait until spring before they can give ANY sound judgement, but hay, this is Cambridge, so they have probably already decided the verdict before the case was ever brought to light.

What I find unusual is that the neighbors are pushing to have the hives removed based on what they "believe" to be honey bees that were acting aggressively when they approached their leaky garden hose. Now that tells me it was more likely a bunch of yellow jackets / wasps that are to blame as they tend to be more protective of water supplies because it provides them with mud for nest building.

I say they should wait until spring before they deide.

And if they should decide that the hives must go, they should also create a law prohibiting the growing of any flower, fruit or vegetable that REQUIRES bee pollination to reproduce or produce fruit.
I mean, you can't have bees flying around, unsupervised and uncontrolled, for fear of what might possibly happen to someone stupid enough to bother a swarm of insects in their natural environment!

File this under: A complete and utter waste of time and money!
It's just the "Cambridge" way!!!

I am a legend in my own mind!