View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 08:16 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I agree she needs to be heard and having first hand knowledge of how difficult it is for these young rape victoms to come forward, I’m not ready to dismiss their claims just because they happened that long ago. I didn’t find out my X was raped in high school until we were married for ten years and even then it was like pulling teeth.

If it happened and some of the therapy she has received supports the claim and he is lying as many do; you ready to give him a pass?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Everything you say is fair. But the accuser doesn't know when it happened, she doesn't know where it happened, there are discrepancies between what she says today and what she told her therapist...how can Kavanaugh possibly defend himself?

Did you read what John R said happened to him? He, presumably, was able to show that he was somewhere else at the time. But how could he do that, if the accuser could not specify the time and place? Can you imagine the spot John would have been in, if he had no chance to prove he was somewhere else at the time?

If he did it, he should answer for it, absolutely. But unfortunately, there is almost certainly no way to get anything more than he said / she said, and after 35 years, and with all his character witnesses and the lack of anyone else making accusations, is that enough? Is it nearly enough to punish him? I don't think so. It absolutely reeks of political motivation, it couldn't be more obvious.