View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 06:10 AM   #1
Rmarsh

First time kayak fishing.

For my 19 year old neice. She has done plenty of fresh water fishing but never from a kayak. So I take her to a local pond early yesterday morning and less than 10 minutes after we launch I look over to see she has a fish on!

I watch as she starts to reel it in but the fish has other ideas and starts a series of aerial jumps like I have never seen!
I could see it was a large smallmouth bass and was putting up a good fight and taking drag. She hollered to me that she thought the drag was to loose, and I responded that it was okay and to let him run if he wanted and that would tire him.

The fish gave her a little bit of a ride with its last burst of energy, then she brought it along side the kayak and landed it like a pro, I was so proud of her. Her bigest smallmouth bass ever, looked to be around 4 lbs. . I was so sorry I didn't have my camera(need battery). I'm sure alot of you know what I mean when I say that I got more joy from watching her accomplish this than If I had caught it myself.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote