Thread: Waterboarding
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 11:24 AM   #29
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
AND MAY I ADD THAT THE TERRORISTS,OR PC "MAN-MADE DISASTERS", VOLUNTEER FOR TRAINING TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE !
I think you're missing the point.

We're using these interrogation techniques on prisoners whom we simply believe might have information. You're presuming they're guilty or that everyone we've captured is a terrorist. This just isn't the case. There are credible examples of people being detained, shipped to rendition centers, tortured and then dropped on the street because they were found to have no informational value.

There is difference between someone who becomes a Jihadist because they think Islam is under attack, someone who shoots at Americans because we're driving down their street, and someone who's plotting to proactively kill Americans or attack our interests.

Quote:
You prolly went through as much excruciating pain as a memeber of your college varsity karate team.
That's um, a different kind of pain

Quote:
I don't use "talking points", wouldn't know where to find them even if i wanted too.
Just use what i see, hear, read and when sorted out, what my common sense tells me.
It was a joke.

Quote:
Your answer to the question is interesting.
How so?

Rereading my post I'd not that when I say religious violence being newer, I'm speaking in the context of modern Jihad this century rather than historic Jihad's since the Crusades. To some (like Bin Laden) they are the same, but in practical terms they can be thought of quite differently.

-spence