View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 07:38 AM   #12
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Great post below

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanputski View Post
I never understood why the term ILLEGAL, meaning against the law, changed to being rewarded for breaking the law... simply enforce EXISTING laws... My entire family immigrated here from Poland... they had this little inconvenient obstacle standing in their way called the Atlantic ocean... they couldnt sneak over at night and collect welfare... When my father came here in 1969 with no connections or contacts and couldnt speak english, he wouldnt be caught dead taking welfare or a handout... He had his health and a thing called PRIDE and self-respect... He came here to work, learn the language at night school, and CONTRIBUTE to this country... not suck it dry while driving an unregistered, uninsured car while collecting checks. I'm not anti-immigrant, I'm anti-ILLEGAL immigrant... Polish, Mexican, or whatever... When I'm in Europe, you better make damn sure you have your passport with you at all times... and when you are asked to show your papers, I dont complain that I feel discriminated against or that my civil rights have been violated... I look like I'm from another country, and the Authorities want to make sure I'm there legitimately... Where's the problem with that?
Nice work.

Last edited by Swimmer; 04-30-2010 at 07:49 AM..

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman