View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 08:20 AM   #6
EliTheBeerGuy

If I can manage to plan ahead, I try to get as many plugs as I can sealed before the cold weather rolls in. But, that rarely happens and I'll surely be sealing some bodies this winter too. Generally use my paint booth which is ventilated to the outside thru a basement window, and just plan on not being able to paint in there for at least a week. If this winter goes according to plan, I'm attempting to build another paint booth so having one tied up with a sealer batch doesn't shut down my painting.

As for design/build of booth? I'm figuring it out a little better with each one. Paasche airbrush selling a counter-top sheet metal booth with fans out the back. 4" ductwork can easily be run out through a window. This booth isn't super large, but would probably get the job done for small batches. I used the same concept, and the same fans from Paasche, to build a small closet basically. Fans force the air out thru a basement window, where I removed the glass and replaced with PVC trim board to prevent any bugs/critters from getting in.

- EliTheBeerGuy
aka Elliot
Elliot@247Lures.com
EliTheBeerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote