View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #14
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
You're not calling MSNBC, Newsweek or the NYT fringe, are you? While I agree that there are more and more media outlets that would be considered left of center questioning him, by using the word "fringe" you're diminishing their relevance. No one really pays any attention to the "fringe".
No, I said they were "often considered left of center by the Right" which would place them in the middle or left of center depending on your position.

Personally I find the NYTimes to be mostly in the middle with a more liberal editorial page. Newsweek is in the middle and MSNBC in the middle for news and left of center for opinion. They certainly have gone further left with their evening programs recently.

That being said, the hard left programs like the Ed Show (the MSNBC version of Glenn Beck, both idiots) and Rachel Maddow have been very critical of Obama in the past weeks, and they do impact a lot of viewers.

Quote:
Obama is still getting a free pass from a lot of people. Did you happen to see the Brian Williams 2 part puff piece on NBC? It's one thing to offer a glimpse of the President's home life, but this was ridiculous.
Was it intended to be just a fluff piece or investigative journalism?

-spence