View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 11:55 AM   #6
Wee Hooker

Everybody has their personal reasons for what they like. Having owned several of both styles, I'll break ranks here and state I preffer SINK's. Not any SINK but wider versions with large cockpits. Here are my main reasons:
1) Usaully better stability for the same length and width ( since you sit lower)
2) Better speed /handling due to hull shapes/ lower wind resistance/ profile.
3)Weather/elemint protection for me/my gear. -I use a simple/sliding "mini skirt" that keeps out water but allows me instant access to my (DRY!) gear/lunch etc below decks. Keeps me and my gear dry all the time ( i.e no paddle drippings spray, floating /soaked tackle bags.) but can be pushed back (think curtain vs wrap around arangement) It also alows you easier (wet or dry) exit/entrance or sun. The mini skirt maes a great stripping apron too.
4) No special clothing required- This arangement allows me to wear shorts and keep from getting my (white:-) legs fried in the summer and keeps my lower half warmer in the spring /Fall and even winter.

Down side is that deep water self rescue is more dififcult (IF you ever need to. Havn't yet.) Still, I always wear a pfd and generally fish within a short swim/tow of shallow water/land.
Wee Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote