View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #107
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackK View Post
Hope so, and hope its just swell. Tuna ain't worth your life.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Ditto on that.

It is more than a storm swell I can tell you that. The wind is 20-25 here on MV right now and gusty. 100 mi so in open water, I can tell you there is a very sloppy sea on top of a 10' swell easy. Anyone who has been there can tell you it is another world out there. The good news is they are in a 100' boat. Even still, it will be a long night for those that are not feeling well right about now.

I have no doubt the fishing will be great. Fish love this slop out there. But it will be uncomfortable to fish in it to say the least. Any first timers going? They just got a wake up call about what the canyons look like in a breeze. I hope everyone is OK.

Personally I don't see the need to push it, even on a charter. It is a hell of a lot more fun to fish out there when you don't have to hold on all day and night or even worse for those that have to fight the dry heaves.

Hope it all works out for them and they have epic fishing and safe trip. But I bet there are some willing to pay another $400 to come back right now.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote