View Single Post
Old 11-01-2022, 09:29 AM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i havent heard a republican politician say the attack was acceptable or tolerable. not a single one. they’re all condemning it.

there’s an audio i heard, purported to be a conversation from the dispatcher, stating that the person who made the call ( presumably Mr Pelosi) knew the “”Dave” who was there and that they were friends. i heard an audio of that conversation.

Has that call been debunked? it obviously could have been made up by right wing liars. Or it could be authentic. But do we know it’s not legit?

I don’t care about the motives or the details, what matters is that Mr Pelosi recovers and that the attacker gets whats coming to him. But if the left is going to claim everywhere that this is yet another example of right wing violent lunatics and that only the right wing does this, THEN you better be prepared to prove that and face questions when there are interesting holes in the details.

Why would we assume your side is getting this one right? After Ferguson, Duke lacrosse, university of VA rape case, Nick Sandmann, Kyle Rittenhouse, Jesse Smollett, border agents accused of whipping…sorry, at some point your credibility gets tainted when you get caught lying for political gain enough times.
You can’t even manage ordinary decency anymore. That’s what the GOP has become.

Remember Larry Elder, the radio host who ran for governor of California? He was a normal conservative, or seemed to be. But the mood of the right has infected him. Noting that Paul Pelosi had been arrested for a DUI a few months ago, he tweeted: “Poor Paul Pelosi. First, he’s busted for DUI and then gets attacked in his home. Hammered twice in six months.”

All of this is a garden party compared with the bilge (thank you Charlie Sykes) released into the atmosphere by Donald Trump Jr. Repeating a rumor from the fever swamps (which rumor was later retweeted by the new chief Twit), he displayed a picture of men’s underwear and a hammer, saying “Got my Paul Pelosi Halloween costume ready.” The vile, baseless claim that Pelosi was in the midst of a homosexual tryst with his attacker thus became the official conservative response to a horrifying attack on an 82 year-old man and attempted attack on the speaker of the House. Doubtless it will be but a few weeks or months before the Pew Research Center releases a survey showing that 70 percent of Republicans believe that the attack on Paul Pelosi was fake or a false flag. Was Antifa responsible?

Just asking questions as your ilk does…

The DoJ is charging DePape with a federal crime, and the conspiracy theories are now TOTALLY DEBUNKED. First, he was LOOKING FOR THE SPEAKER, and Paul Pelosi DID NOT KNOW HIM.
Next, DePape was not in his underwear, and he BROKE IN through the back door. There was broken glass.
DePape said he would wait for days for the Speaker.
DePape said he would hold the Speaker hostage and BREAK HER KNEECAPS to show the world what happens when you’re the “leader of the pack of DEMOCRATIC lies”. Absolutely politically motivated.
DePape told the police that Paul was taking Nancy’s punishment.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-re...48106/download
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin