View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

Sharing the wealth.....glide baits

Mark aka Reebok was nice enough to give me a box of about 70 unfinished "Nantucket Missile" bodies for my little cousins to paint. Well after about 4 of them they got bored and where more interested in playing Xbox.

Anyway after looking at the profile and style I decided they would make great glide baits. I sanded down the edges and drilled a belly hole for the swivel and drilled out the lead weight and debris in the thru wire hole.

I added a small belly weight in the first hole, which I crushed down to fit and filled both holes with a water proof two part epoxy. I also did some with no weight at all.

Sanded the epoxy down and rigged them up and test swam them today. Didn’t seal them yet, just wanted to try them before I went thru the sealing and paint process for nothing.

The weighted one had a pretty quick sink rate and great erratic side to side action. The unweighted version had a moderate sink rate and even better action.

So I have about 21 extra bodies that I would like to share with anymore here on this forum. Figure 4 to a lot, so 5 lots are available. You can pick them up or I can ship them. Wanted to share the free goods and maybe offer someone else the opportunity to do something cool with them.

I even put a lip slots in some of them, wait see about those.

So PM me or say that you’ll take a lot and I’ll send them out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0027_00.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	38638   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0029_00.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	38639   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0030_00.jpg
Views:	540