View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #112
ThrowingTimber
It's about respect baby!

Thumbs up

Good Stuff Chris, especially with the hip only 2 years. With all that running make sure you stretch and do some sort of strength training so all those other accessory muscles get a chance to develop as well.

Body weight movements will be good until you decide to throw some weights around etc. push-ups start 3 sets of 15 increase (+5 weekly) 3 days a week, sit-ups 20 (+5 weekly) 3 days a week, air squats, pullups, wall walks etc . With all that running you have to keep your posterior chain strong or your hip will pay, squats are your friend. Foam roller, foam roll the #^&#^&#^&#^& out of your IT band.

For some strength stuff look into: Starting Strength, and Jim Wendler's 5,3,1 both excellent programs. With 5,3,1 you will find it is SLOW but you're constantly making new gains you'll be able to run on that program for quite a while. By the time you're done/bored with 5,3,1 you'll already have a clear decision as to what your next move with strength will be.

I was the same way I'd never touched a barbell in 33 years and when I wanted to exercise I did'nt really know how, good coaching goes a long way and good luck!

Domination takes full concentration..
ThrowingTimber is offline   Reply With Quote