Thread: Dumb
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 12:38 PM   #43
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Actually, what I said was that "it looks like" the boat is going to be chartered for a good part of a year. This is a reasonable assumption based on the spokesperson remark, business fundamentals (of leasing a yacht) and the fact that John Kerry doesn't actually own the boat. It's registered to a LLC based out of Pennsylvania, probably to provide liability protection to the Kerry's...again, basic business practices.

You said "they don't do charters out of Portsmouth" without providing who "they" is. That that company the boat was bought from doesn't do charters from Portsmouth isn't really relevant as the Kerry spokesperson never alleged that the company who owns the current birth was managing the charters.

I've read that the boat was "seen" in MA waters but never that it was "kept".

Or more likely that he's filthy rich and to him the 500K isn't worth the political damage done by accusations with no real merit, at least not yet.

Let's recap. The yacht is bought from a RI company in March (that's less than 6 months ago mind you). RI has no taxes on boats. The boat came with a warranty. As they intend to charter the boat they keep in in RI so the warranty service can be provided. The boat was seen in MA. It's actually owned by a legal entity in PA. MA can go after taxes if they think they boat is being used too much in MA.

That's about all we really know, but John Kerry is guilty of tax evasion.

-spence

Wow, I know you don't believe any of this, but do you really think anyone else reading it believes it?
Since RIJimmy is on hiatus, I'm going to quote him regarding your responses here.
Lame

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio