Thread: tuna 8.7
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #13
Mr. Sandman

Picked up one yesterday between 90-100# but I troll plastic and ballyhoo, one other knock down but that was it. I was east. Saw a couple other boats hook up but it was not hot and heavy.

A pretty quiet day but at least I ate good last night and I will be the hero at the cocktail party this evening with my tuna ceviche.

The day before I spent south looking for a skillie. I pounded it hard but did not come across one, conditions were great, and there were large schools of 4" bait going unmolested. A small mahi was choking on a trolled ballyhoo. Saw a number of free jumping makos out there...maybe I should spend a day seeking them, I know my kids would like that.

Two days, little sleep, and a lot of miles covered...I am now in recovery mode. I don't know about you but my digestive system goes into a shut-down mode when I go offshore for long stretches. I eat and eat and piss but that is all. When I get home and shower...then the bed and the toilet becomes my friend as we re-asquint ourselves with one and other.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote