View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Fresh Air Return Duct Cleanout????

So we have been renovating our house for most of the past 2 years...total gut job the whole 9 yards! Noticed today as I had the vent covers off of the fresh air return ducts that they are chock full of construction debris (not from me as I had them covered or had them protected so no debris would fall in them) I looked down and saw some debris and started to vacuum it out but after further reaching into the duct and feeling the extent of the crap that is down there I went to the basement and as I push up on the duct work I can feel the weight of the crap that is in there???? Our house for the 8 years we have owned it has always been incredibly dusty and now I kind of know why???? Is it common to have these ducts cleaned out??? Its just a piece of tin nailed to 2 floor joists forming the return it looks like?? I plan on removing the nails holding the aluminum in place and clean them out as best as I can! Any advice or perspective on this?? I can't believe how much crap is in there.....guessing from the looks of some of it the kind fellows who built the house thought it might be a good place to dispose of some of the refuse???? Idiots!!!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote