View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 07:24 AM   #62
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I guess I'm in a similar situation at 63 that my parents or their parents were in at a later stage of life. It's not just this election, why I watch the news is beyond me, because every day its one more "I can't fing believe it" news story.

Then it's the behavior of the youth I see coming off white horse beach where we have the pleasure of living close enough, so all the public parking is up and down our street. We do a clean up every so often, because we just can't stand looking at the baby diapers, the needles, cases of empty beer, beat up coolers and I'm lucky enough on occasion to stop them in the act of throwing empties in my neighbors yards (always a fun time). Work ethic, respectful behavior, honesty, seem to be going by the board and are being replaced with youth that feel entitled and anything but respectful.

Shootings, road rage, terrorist attacks, middle east, north Korea, weather extremes, the list of depressing news stories is endless. We had a 45 year old high school teacher buy a cottage across the street from us and she has never had a TV and has no interest in watching the news and after watching the nightly news; I think maybe she is on to something.

Love my time on the golf course or on the water, because you need it now a days to purge out all the negative crap you are exposed to day in and day out.