Thread: Purchase
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #3
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Greg here is the real poop! I bought my Pro Angler from Austin Kayak in Texas and had it shipped to my home and the transaction was perfect with no hitches at all! I was very pleased! The reason I did this at the time was my local Hobie Dealer could not match the online price I was getting, nevermind the fact I was not going to have to pay the sales tax and shipping was only $75! (At the time....it is now $200 to ship). We bought my wifes Outback from Monahans in Weymouth....got a great price and they are very good there! I had a few issues with them but have resolved them and the folks there are great! I am looking to upgrade to a newer model PA basically because I want the updated steering system (there is an update kit I could put in mine but I don't feel like monkeying with that....looks like a great kit!) Mine is for sale and for a great price...see classifieds! Depending on who you talk with they will not recommend buying online and having it shipped (Tagger had quite an issue doing it this way and it was quite an ordeal for him.....in all fairness I recommended Austin Kayak to him but he chose to go with another dealer to buy online.) Austin was great in that they had my kayak packed with heavy cardboard and wrapped with some type of tarp material......just very carefully packed and shipped. Long story short......go to Monahans and speak with them, see what they have and how they are priced. Heads up....I hear if you buy a kayak from them at the MSBA show in March they are offering a $200 store gift card to sweeten the deal! I will be buying my new PA from them and probably at the show so I can take advantage of this offering. If you are interested in a used PA let me know......its in near new condition and I might be able to bend a bit further on the price. If you want to give it a try in the water we can do that too! Hope I helped!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote